Saturday, June 20, 2020

Herbal Mosquito and Flying Insect Repellant

                               
Saturday was a busy but fun day. I went out with the help of my kids and purchased a few planters, herbs and flowers.

This is an image of  one of my planters. It contains Lemongrass, Pineapple Sage and English Lavender. What do these three herbs have in common you might ask? They all three are known for repelling flying insects especially Mosquitos. We tend to have a lot of Mosquitos around. I have to say that when I normally open my front door in the evening I find way too many insects swarming around the light and after adding the planter I only had a couple but wow, I was surprised at how well this worked. I do have to add that I also hung a basket with a citronella plant and petunias planted in it. Both of these also help with flying insects. 

Know if you look closely I also tried another trick I recently read about. I sprinkled cinnamon in my planters. This I have learned helps with many garden issues as well. The first thing I noticed after using the cinnamon was all the small insects that are in the soil were quickly leaving as I was sprinkling. Second it smells amazing. Check back later to learn more about the benefits of Cinnamon beyond cooking and what I just mentioned. 

Until next time, stay well. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment