Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Home Schooling

Hey Friends, 

So... lets chat a little about this new adventure! I love so many thing about being able to stay home and home school my kids. Don't get me wrong we have our share of rough days. Coming from a household where mom and dad work full time. I am doing all I can to take advantage of this time we share with our kids. Being able to watch them learn and help them learn new life skills. What kinds of things do you do with your kids? I like to do what we call Home Ec...anything that will teach them any life skills like cooking, gardening, etc.  Do you enjoy home schooling? I enjoy being involved and able to have more insight into what the schools are teaching.I have learned to be a little more lenient with the daily schedule.   What would you change? If I had to change something it would be more time. I never feel like there is enough time.  My kids have taught me how to have a little more patience and be a better listener. What have you learned or what have your kids taught you? Below are a few bullet points I found helpful. My kids are middle and high school and at first I took this all to seriously and learned to be a little more laid back. I have recently found that setting a few strong expectations goes along way. 
How to Homeschool Your Children - As You Go
  • Plan your day.
  • Look for hands-on activities.
  • Keep a portfolio of each child's work.
  • Go with your gut feelings.
  • Periodically evaluate your progress.

I hope this was helpful to you and even if you don't answer the questions in the comments below think about how you would respond. Just some food for thought. Our children are worth as much of our time as they need or that we can give them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment