Friday, July 17, 2020

Blueberries



I have started adding a netting to my blueberries as they begin to ripen. This helps to save my blueberries from the birds and deer. I have harvested more so far this season than in past.

 My youngest was almost eating them as fast as I was picking them. She even tried helping. 

I have had my blueberries for over 4 years and recently I have added coffee and egg shells to soil. This help in a couple ways. It adds acidity to the soil which is great for the fruit and it also acts as a great deterrent for slugs. Slugs will stay away from any plant that you sprinkle with a coffee and egg shell mix it cuts up their bellies and they will avoid it. 

For more information on gardening hacks follow me and see what I have learned from the ideas and tips I have found and explored to see the truth in how well they really work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment